Download: 24/10 Ten Day Prayer Guide

Ashura 2009 Video

Ashura - History

What is Ashura

Shiite Muslims: WORTH MORE THAN RUBIES trailer

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sh Br: #30 Take Delight

Shiite Muslims – a people God is pursuing to be Jesus’ Bride

shbride@rightbox.com

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Psalm 37:4-5, NLT

Today, dear friend of His Shiite Bride, we introduce you to Sara, a follower of Jesus from the United States who is learning to take delight in the Lord. On a recent trip to India, God began to give her the desires of her heart to join Him among Shiites.

God is good all the time! After a whole week of doing His work in a small Hindu village in India, He completely surprised me.

I knew God was leading me to go on a short trip to a small town in central East India. A few days before the trip, we got word that instead of having to take a 12 hour train ride, we were able to get connecting flights in two other airports.

On my way home we landed in the Hyderabad airport in southern India, and it was there that I saw them. Shiite Muslims! More than I could count. Shiite lady after Shiite lady clad in black. I was overwhelmed.

As I was waiting in line for my bags to get cleared I showed my hand to a woman that was standing nearby. We both had a design painted on our hands. She was covered from head to toe, and all I could see were her eyes. As I showed her my hand, her eyes began to squint and I could see that her cheekbones had risen. She was smiling!

On this particular trip, I had been sharing my desire to go to the Middle East with a friend. I had been asking God to give my friend a heart for the Shiites and to come with me to love Jesus in their midst next summer.

We were just finishing talking about it. And right in front of us, there at the airport, was a sign with the name of the country in the Middle East where believers have invited me and some friends to go next summer!

As I am delighting in Him, He has been giving me the desires of my heart, and now I must trust that this desire will come to pass so I can go spend some extended time loving Him among Shiites in the Middle East next summer.

Friend of His Shiite Bride, ask God to continue to give Sara the desires of her heart to join Him among Shiites. Ask God for more "holy connections" like this between followers of Christ and Shiites. Ask that wherever in the world they are, Shiites will see and hear the Truth and experience Christ's love through believers who delight in God and put their trust in Him.

SUBSCRIBE OR UNSUBSCRIBE from Shiite Bride by emailing: shbride@rightbox.com

No comments: