Download: 24/10 Ten Day Prayer Guide

Ashura 2009 Video

Ashura - History

What is Ashura

Shiite Muslims: WORTH MORE THAN RUBIES trailer

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Sh Br 48: Instruments of Righteousness

Shiite Muslims – a people God is pursuing to be Jesus’ Bride

shbride@rightbox.com

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. Romans 6:12-13, ESV

It has been over two years that I’ve been discipling my dear friend, Bader. He is a Shiite Muslim from Iraq who has truly come to believe in the saving power of Jesus alone.

I am confident that despite the hardships he has faced while following Christ in a spiritually oppressed land such as Iraq that he is a true follower of The Way. Currently though, I feel very burdened for Bader because he is desperately contending with his flesh and falling into sin, even though he desires to go deeper into God’s Word.

Following Christ in Iraq is quite a calling! Between thousands of years of spiritual oppression and a long record of physical violence and strife, the enemy has worked hard to keep the peoples and cities of past and present day Iraq under his dominion.

Pray for me as I learn Arabic here, and as I disciple my friend, Bader. As a laborer in the harvest, I want to dive more deeply into God’s Word and obey what it says, and I want Bader right beside me, doing the same!

Friend of His Shiite Bride, pray that God removes the grip of sin on Bader’s life. Pray that Bader and other Shiite followers of Christ hunger and thirst for righteousness. Pray that they pursue the One who gives Life, because he is so desperately needed in this land. Pray with me for Bader and other Shiites to grow into mature, victorious disciples who run from sin to worship and follow Jesus Christ!

SUBSCRIBE OR UNSUBSCRIBE from Shiite Bride by emailing: shbride@rightbox.com

No comments: