Download: 24/10 Ten Day Prayer Guide

Ashura 2009 Video

Ashura - History

What is Ashura

Shiite Muslims: WORTH MORE THAN RUBIES trailer

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sh Br: Day 3 - Searching for Truth

Shiite Muslims – a people God is pursuing to be Jesus’ Bride

 

shbride@rightbox.com

 

Dear Friend of His Shiite Bride, thank you for fasting and praying day and night for Shiites during Ashura as the Holy Spirit leads you now through January 7, 2008!

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart." Jer 29:13 (NIV)

Today, meet Yassir, a young 20-something Shiite man searching for Truth.

As friends and I were spending time together over a meal, I looked over and noticed that my friend Yassir was drinking alcohol. This surprised me quite a bit, because I knew Yassir to be a devout Shiite Muslim and in turn, I knew that he is typically opposed to ever drinking alcohol.

"You are drinking alcohol now?" I asked my friend. "Yeah, I started about a month ago," Yassir responded.

I was baffled. What is happening to my friend who only months ago would defend his faith - even to the death?

"Well, are you still a practicing Shiite, are you still praying?" I inquired of him.

Yassir looked down for a second and then sadly told me that he couldn't pray anymore. He said that although he is still Muslim, he is not allowed to pray because he drinks alcohol.

Yassir concluded by telling me, "I'm just looking for the truth. I know that there is a God, but other than that, I'm just not sure."

Pray seriously now and ask God to use Yassir's uncertainty and openness as an opportunity for him - and other young Shiites like him - to find the love of Christ.

Ask that all Shiites will have a holy dissatisfaction that drives them to hunger to know Jesus better.

Pray that all Shiite Muslims who seek Truth will truly find it in Jesus this Ashura!

SUBSCRIBE OR UNSUBSCRIBE from Shiite Bride by emailing: shbride@rightbox.com

No comments: