Download: 24/10 Ten Day Prayer Guide

Ashura 2009 Video

Ashura - History

What is Ashura

Shiite Muslims: WORTH MORE THAN RUBIES trailer

Monday, September 24, 2007

[ShBride 26] Desperate

Shiite Muslims – a people God is pursuing to be Jesus’ Bride

shbride@rightbox.com

The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them. I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16 NLT

Here is a tender, heart-rending account from one of our family. She is a young follower of Jesus from America, who lived this past year in Baghdad where she taught English at a place we call "The Peace House."

*******

I am exhausted. We all are.

One of my good friends came into the office the other day, cracking jokes with a smile that never reached his eyes. After a little while, I asked him how his day had been going. He shrugged in his usual way and said, "So bad."

In his broken English, he told me that on his way into the office he had come upon on a bomb just minutes after it had exploded. All around him were bodies and body parts.

I watched him as he struggled to find a way to tell me, torn between wanting me to understand him and wishing that I didn't have to. He tells me his stories glassy eyed and without emotion. It's almost as if, years ago, the first bullet meant to take his life, killed his sense of feeling instead.

I watch and listen to the truth of life in this city unfold in the stories of every person who comes through our door. Every time I close my eyes I half expect to see the credits roll, as if it's all some terrible movie. It's reality though, a reality where it's a miracle every time I hear footsteps echoing down the hall outside my classroom door.

**********

Today, Friend of the Shiite Bride, will you pray for Shiites who are suffering? Pray for those who are hurt beyond our comprehension, who are numb from the depth of pain they have experienced, like this young man.

Whether they are caught on a street next to a horrible bomb that has just exploded, or are at home wondering how they can wake up and face tomorrow, pray that Shiites everywhere will call upon God and hear His answer. Ask Him to tangibly comfort Shiite families. Together, let's ask God to rescue Shiites and give them His salvation!

SUBSCRIBE OR UNSUBSCRIBE from Shiite Bride by emailing: shbride@rightbox.com

No comments: