Download: 24/10 Ten Day Prayer Guide

Ashura 2009 Video

Ashura - History

What is Ashura

Shiite Muslims: WORTH MORE THAN RUBIES trailer

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sh Br 27 - Children and Chocolate

Shiite Muslims – a people God is pursuing to be Jesus’ Bride

shbride@rightbox.com

Jesus said to them, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them!
For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14, NLT

Today, friend of the Shiite Bride, meet Zeina, a 23 year old Shiite Muslim who loves and follows Jesus. She is doing something big to share the Good News with Shiites this week and we invite you to pray for her.

"I want to do something special for children who are poor, and let them know Jesus loves them. Will you help me?" Zeina asked me and my husband about a month ago.

"Sure, dear one, what do you want to do?" I asked her.

"Just before the Islamic holiday (following the end of Ramadan), let's give out hundreds of boxes of chocolate candy with a special card that has Jesus' words on it!" she excitedly told us.

My husband and I clearly sensed Zeina's boldness and vigor to carry out this God-given idea.

"Go for it!" I said. (Well, not in those words, but the Arabic equivalent!)

Along with some money we gave her for the project (from people like you), Zeina enlisted donations from Muslim businessmen for the cards and chocolates. Muslim friends of hers are even packaging up all the little boxes of chocolates with the scripture cards!

Even though Zeina is poor herself (in human terms), she is excited about blessing these little children who are poorer than she is - some of them live in homes without electricity and running water, and many go to bed at night with their tummies not quite full.

We estimate that by the time these Shiite children and their families see the scripture card and receive the chocolate this week, along with Zeina's Muslim friends who helped her put this project together, a minimum of FIVE THOUSAND SHIITE MUSLIMS and others will see and hear the following words of Jesus in their language this week:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Friend of His Shiite Bride, pray for these Shiite children and their families who will receive chocolate and the words of Jesus this week. Pray that they will come to know Jesus and will become partakers with us in the Kingdom of God.

Pray for Zeina and for other followers of Jesus who are distributing the decorative boxes of chocolates and the scripture card. Ask that they will have God's favor, boldness, love, and authority as they visit Shiite families and orphanages this week.

Together, let's agree with Jesus in our prayers: Let the little Shiite children come to You, Jesus, and don't let anyone stop them. Your Kingdom belongs to them!

SUBSCRIBE OR UNSUBSCRIBE from Shiite Bride by emailing: shbride@rightbox.com

No comments: